Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Welcome Free things!



Don't you just love freebies and the likes?

Stumbled upon this kiosk in Mall of the Emirates last night. And met Dr. Gerry Nastasia Jr.
This kiosk has free Chiropatic check-up. Never heard of it, but since I saw the spinal cord mock-up I pretty much had an idea.

According to Wikepdia Chiropatic is a form of alternative medicine[1] that emphasizes diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system, especially the spine, under the hypothesis that these disorders affect general health via the nervous system.[2] It is generally categorized as complementary and alternative medicine (CAM),[3] a characterization that many chiropractors reject.[4] Although chiropractors have many attributes of primary care providers, chiropractic has more of the attributes of a medical specialty like dentistry or podiatry.[5] The main chiropractic treatment technique involves manual therapy, including manipulation of the spine, other joints, and soft tissues; treatment also includes exercises and health and lifestyle counseling.[6] Traditional chiropractic assumes that a vertebral subluxation or spinal joint dysfunction interferes with the body's function and its innate intelligence,[7] a vitalistic notion that "brings ridicule from the scientific and health care communities and confusion within the chiropractic profession."[8]





And since I've a been into a bit of neck probs, I feel it could be related with the spinal. Dr. Gerry was quite a fast-talking Doctor. I read in the Emirates European Medical Centre's brochure that he is American board certified. Quite a conversationalist for a doctor (which is not a bad thing, of course), he even joked when he asked me what could have been my problem, I told him I have left back problems- but just blame the muscles and wrong posture due to slouching. I'm more concerned with my neck than the back. Then he told, maybe I could be in his place of being the Doctor, but then he told he was just only joking. I joked back, it would take some schooling since I'm a Civil Engineer lol! Then he asked me to take-off my mommy-duties bags and stand straight. Which I did. Then he made me move my neck looking from left to right doing the farthest I can. And made me reach my toes (and yay! Was I able!!!). he said my neck should suppose to be shaping almost like a "C", but mine's too straight that it doesn't have much to take shock of the chores I'm doing. It should suppose to act like a spring so it could act as a shock absorber. And that goes on left shoulder since it's also a bit higher than my right. Then he gave me his business card. He said that my prob is minimal and can be corrected easily. I guess I would try to find time to visit or save first before visiting afterall my company has not secured me with health insurance yet and I doubt if it will be covered just in case. I was just happy to know even just a bit why I feel a bit of brittleness on my neck, now I can breath and maybe will do some work out that would help me better this part :)


On another note.

Don't you just love digital magazines?

Been reading Rue, Matchbook and High Gloss magazine!

Page 34 of High Gloss Magazine, lovin' the Orange background :)

They're pretty insane! Love the interior ideas, love the outfits, the beauty and style. It's a complete lifestyle rolled in one.
In Dubai, I read The Dubai Mall's magazine. It's also packed with things to see in the mall and of course other surprises. My first encounter of Mall Mag would be the Burjuman's. I say, it's pretty stylish. Am really glad Dubai has this kind of things for their people & visitors, it's a complete advertisement that caters to the crowd and benefits the businesses.


In the meantime, see y'all tonight at





Been invited for their opening! & am pretty excited! yay!

No comments: